Employers are fundamental to all UTCs. They shape the technical specialisms of the UTC and ensure it meets the requirements of local employers and the careers they offer.
These are some of the ways that our employer partners are working with us:
- Shaping the development of our curriculum to ensure that students are developing the skills that needed for local businesses to thrive.
- Working with teachers to create employer projects that focus on real life challenges that are relevant to the industry.
- Hosting visits, or providing special workshops where students can see ‘engineering’ and related businesses in action.
- Providing high quality and relevant work experience.
- Support and mentor students, guiding them on career routes and options.
- Supporting our staff keeping up-to-date with the latest technological developments in industry.
- Providing leadership, through serving on our governing body – helping to steer our UTC in the right direction.
If you or your company is interested in working with the UTC then please contact us.
“Screen Solutions has been at the heart of the Lewes District community for the last 21 years. We are very proud of our long established involvement with the local area and will continue to supply employment and work experience opportunities for local people.”
Sally Evans, Screen Solutions
“Newhaven Port Authority are delighted to be supporting the UTC. It will offer students hands-on, real life work experience and an opportunity to join the next generation of technicians, engineers and business leaders.”
François Jean, Port Manager Newhaven Port and Properties Ltd