These are the objectives we have identified at UTC@harbourside in order to eliminate discrimination, harassment and advance equality in relation to the nine characteristics of diversity outlined in the Equalities Act 2010. These are disability; race; gender; religion or belief; age; sexual orientation; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity; and marital status.
At UTC@harbourside we have identified the following Equalities Objectives to be achieved by 2021:
- To narrow the attainment gap and improve outcomes for all students regardless of special educational need, disability, race, ethnicity, socio-economic group, sexual orientation, religion, health, or gender reassignment
- To continue to raise attainment for every student so that they exceed national standards of attainment in general, and in STEM subjects in particular
- To reduce the incidents of bullying including all prejudiced incidents related to any of the nine characteristics
- To promote equal working conditions for all staff regardless of their characteristics
- To foster effective relations between all groups at UTC@harbourside