This course will provide you with an introduction to electrical installation and you will have the opportunity to engage in enrichment activities, project work and work placement with our industry partners as well as study at our modern facilities in Newhaven. You will be taught by fully trained and experienced teachers who are experts in their fields and maintain close contact with industry.
You will be introduced to all the different aspects of working as an electrician:
- Types of cables and accessories
- Containment systems (trunking, tray and conduit)
- Working environments (domestic, commercial and industrial)
- Fundamental electrical theory
- Health and safety
- Unit 101 – Structure of the construction industry
- Unit 102 – Fundamental safe working practices
- Unit 103 – Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Unit 104 – Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Unit 106 – Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Unit 107 – Electrical science and technology
Assessment: During the course, there will be a number of tests related to each unit in the qualification to determine your level of competency and to assess your progress and offer any additional support
2 GCSE’s at grade G or above (or equivalent) and interview required.
Progression and links:
This level 1 course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding for progression onto the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation or onto an apprenticeship.