The level 2 qualification is designed to provide you with the competence, skills, and knowledge necessary to enter the electrical installation industry. It will help prepare you for progression into work, the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation or onto an apprenticeship.
You will get the opportunity to engage in enrichment activities, project work and work placements with our industry partners whilst studying at our modern facilities in Newhaven. You will learn from fully trained and experienced teachers who are dedicated to your growth and development. Topics that you will be introduced to during this course include: inspection and testing analysis, fault-finding, types of circuitry, industry regulations and electrical science.
- Unit 201 – Health and safety in building services engineering
- Unit 202 – Principles of electrical science
- Unit 203 – Electrical installations technology
- Unit 204 – Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Unit 210 – Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering
During the course, there will be a number of tests related to each unit in the qualification. These are to determine your level of competency, assess your progress and see what additional support we can provide.
Entry Requirements: 3 GCSE’s at grade D or above (or equivalent) and interview