The Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths is designed to stretch and challenge high achieving mathematicians. It is the equivalent to a full GCSE course, but it doesn’t cover the full Key Skills 4 (KS4) programme of study, which still must be covered.
Students producing an outstanding performance are rewarded with a grade above A*, getting an “A* with distinction”, which is unique to this qualification.
- Develop higher order knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Experience advanced Mathematics. such as Calculus
- Develop skills in Trigonometry, functions and graphs
- Grow their ability to select, apply and link mathematical techniques and methods to solve challenging and non-routine problems
- Increase their independent mathematical reasoning and argument.
Click here to see the full specification from the exam board.