Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
This qualification will provide you with an introduction to plumbing and prepare you for an apprenticeship in this field or progression onto the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies.
Topics you will study in this course include:
- The structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Copper, plastic pressure and low carbon steel pipework
- Installation and plumbing science
- Repair and maintenance of plumbing systems.
2 GCSE’s at grade E/2 or above (or equivalent)
Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding for progression into work, an apprenticeship, or onto the full time Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies.
Topics you will study on this course include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes and sanitation
- Cold water and domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems and drainage system
- Communicating with others within building services engineering.
3 GCSE’s at grade D/3 or above (or equivalent)