This course offers an introduction to plumbing studies and will prepare you for progression onto the level 2 programme or an apprenticeship.
- Get the opportunity to engage in enrichment activities, project work and work placements with our industry partners
- Study at our modern facilities in Newhaven
- Be taught by fully trained and experienced teachers who are dedicated to your growth and development
The curriculum course will introduce you to all the different aspects of working as a plumber:
- The structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Copper pipework
- Plastic pressure pipework
- Low carbon steel pipework
- Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Plumbing science
During the course, there will be a number of tests related to each unit in the qualification. These are to determine your level of competency, assess your progress and see what additional support we can provide.
2 GCSE’s at grade E or above (or equivalent) and interview
Progression and links:
This level 1 diploma will provide you with the knowledge and understanding for progression onto the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies.