This level 2 qualification will provide you with the competencies, skills, and knowledge necessary to enter the plumbing industry.
- Get the opportunity to engage in enrichment activities, project work and work placements with our industry partners
- Study at our modern facilities in Newhaven
- Be taught by fully trained and experienced teachers and support staff who are dedicated to your growth and development
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Assessment: During the course, there will be a number of tests related to each unit in the qualification. These are to determine your level of competency, assess your progress and see what additional support we can provide.
Entry Requirements: 3 GCSE’s at grade D or above (or equivalent) and an interview.
Progression and links: This course will help prepare you for progression into work, the level 3 programme or an apprenticeship.